Saturday, February 18, 2006

Jesus Christ!

I notice that the heathen gentiles at work (that means you, Fred) shout "Jesus Christ!" or "Jesus H. Christ!" when something unexpected or annoying happens. For example:

"Jesus H. Christ my excel won't open, again!"

Well, I find this irritating to have to hear the name of this Avodah Zarah (false idol) everyday. And I have to admit that I find myself saying it sometimes also. I just can't help it. It has become so ingrained in me that I say it without thinking. But a good Hebrew should not be saying such things.

So, I have decided to come up with a new phrase to replace it. Hopefully, the heathens will hear it and it will catch on with them too. Here are some possibilities:

1) Holy Moses! [ed - maybe Moses H. Rabbeinu]
2) Ben Dovid, Christ!
3) Shomer Fucking Shabbos!
4) Jeshua ben Nun!

Which one do you like? Let's pick one and help me spread it around

May the blessed name of the One true God be blessed. Amen.

8 Comments:

Blogger M-n said...

When I hit my thumb I yell "Spinoza!" It's a respect thing.

9:15 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

Good one. He was true prophet

9:36 PM  
Blogger M-n said...

Ever hear the old joke about the kid who, when he heard someone say "Jesus H. Christ," asked, "H? I thought his middle name was Fucking."

9:52 PM  
Blogger Orthoprax said...

Wanna hear an old bad biology-class joke?

The "H." stands for Haploid because he only got his genetic material from one parent.

I know, let's hear the groans.

10:28 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

Oy

12:05 AM  
Blogger The Jewish Freak said...

Definitely #3.

12:37 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

There's always "Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!"

Hat tip: The Dead Milkmen

11:04 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

Oy, stop mentioning that avoda zara. it hurts my ears :)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home