Thursday, December 08, 2005

Shout Outs

To the mysterious commentator Smoo,
I like some of your comments that you have left on this blog. I think we have some similar ideas. Why don't you get a blog of your own?

To Mississippi Fred,
I find your blog and comments around the jsphere to be very knowledgeable and erudite. My challenge to you is to write a post which is not scholarly or detached, but that is pure religious passion and fervor. Do you accept this challenge? :)

To Mis-nagid,
You are always sharp and bold (and usually on the mark). You do not mince words. I have a question and a challenge for you. My question is why do you have a hyphen in your name? My challenge is for you to write a post (you can send it to me or some place else) that is not critical or negative, but positive about Judaism. I know you feel positive in some ways, but your comments are usually negative or detached and scholarly. So I would very much like to read something different from you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mississippi Fred MacDowell said...

Challenge accepted. Give me a chance. ;)

1:17 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

I look forward to reading it. Thank you for accepting my challenge

1:27 PM  
Blogger M-n said...

"My question is why do you have a hyphen in your name?"

My pen name has a story.

Like you, I was introduced to the blog world via Hasidic Rebel. His site is what inspired me to start my own blog. I thought to myself that he's a hasidic rebel, but I'm a misnagid, which is already perfect, since it means "opponent."

I added the hyphen because it adds another meaning. The prefix mis- means:
mis-
pref.
Bad; badly; wrong; wrongly

and nagid means prince.

Sooooo, I'm the opponent, the Bad Prince. Yeah, yeah, *shrug*.

"My challenge is for you to write a post that is not critical or negative, but positive about Judaism."

Here's one I wrote in June.

It's a little unfair though, since Mis-nagid is my dark side. It's totally out of character for him to write positive things :-).

6:09 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

Mis,

You could have called yourself the Charedi Rebel, then everyone would call you CR :). But I guess Mis-nagid is also cool, except for the fact that people sometimes think that you're female.

Thanks for the link. See, I knew you had a soft side :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home