Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kiss your Ego Goodbye

Today is my birthday and just like Bilbo Baggins in the Lord of the Rings, I will disapear. But unlike him I won't do it with a magic ring. I will do this amazing feat with logic and science. Now I exist, now I don't

Bilbo: "I, uh, I h-have things to do." [fidgets with the Ring behind his back. Whispers to himself] "I've put this off for far too long."

Bilbo: [to the crowd] "I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell." [whispers to Frodo] "Goodbye."

7 Comments:

Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Are you terminating your blogging?

2:44 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

No. Do you think I'm XGH? I'd never be so melodramatic.

Maybe I wasn't so clear. I will stop existing, but continue blogging. Read the article I linked to and you'll understand. I may write a follow up post to clarify what I mean.

2:54 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Happy bday, btw. Ad meah v'esrim.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Freethinking Upstart said...

Happy Birthday! Amen to e-kvetcher.

5:15 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

Thanks, guys

5:53 PM  
Blogger Baal Habos said...

>Do you think I'm XGH

X.B. Spinoza. Has a nice ring to it.

Happy Birthday.

9:43 PM  
Blogger s(b.) said...

Aw, quit it, man. You're makin' me blush. I do hope you caught the Grateful Dead references, there. Thanks. I try.

Sarah

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home